Goldilocks & The Three Bears

November 1, 2011

Goldilocks and the Three Bears webYou didn’t think the girls were the only ones that dressed up this year, did you? We always have so much fun thinking up new fun costumes that we can all wear together. And I know many of our friends and family have come to expect some fun costumes (no pressure, right?)

This year we went as
Goldilocks & The Three Bears.
Halloween 01Emily was the cutest little baby bear I have ever seen. If I could, I would have her wear that little outfit everyday. There’s something about those little ears, that round little tail and the painted nose, I just wanted to squeeze her all night.
 Halloween 05 web Halloween 06 web 
I had to convince Kylie that Goldilocks was really a princess so that she would be on board with the whole idea. She insisted that she wanted to be a princess this year… and she was… Once I started telling her the story of Goldilocks she was super excited about our costumes and when she saw her little yellow dress being sewn she kept telling us about how excited she was to dance in her new princess dress. (So, if Kylie ever asks you to tell her the story of Goldilocks and The Three Bears, make sure you call her Princess Goldilocks.)  :)
Halloween 02 web Halloween 12 webHalloween 03 web  Halloween 08 webHalloween 07 web  Halloween 04 web Halloween 09 web 
The girls LOVED trick-or-treating this year. Neither of them wanted to stop when the night was through. I don’t even think it was really about the candy, it was just fun going house to house, ringing doorbells (Emily’s favorite), and having people give them something and tell them how cute they were. Heck, I’d love it too. I guess that’s the great thing about trick-or-treating as a parent, you get all of the perks without any of the weird looks because you are a twenty-something trick-or-treating. Plus, you hear over and over again how cute your kids are, and what parent doesn’t love that :)

It was a very happy Halloween!
Now, what are we going to do next year…?

Grafulas  – (December 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM)  

I would just like to note that I had this exact same idea for the Grafe's, but couldn't find and didn't want to make a dress. You Kirby's pulled it off splendidly :)

Anonymous –   – (August 21, 2014 at 4:11 PM)  

I was wondering if you'd tell me how you made the bear costumes for dad, mom and baby?

Unknown  – (September 23, 2014 at 11:31 PM)  

Hello - My name is Jodi, and I run the blog Meaningful Mama. I am putting together a post of great family costumes, and I'm wondering if I can use a photo and link back to this great post. I love this costume idea, and I'd love to be able to include it in my collection. Please let me know if this is NOT OK, and I'll make sure to eliminate it. Thank you! www.meaningfulmama.com

Kristina  – (August 2, 2020 at 1:58 AM)  

Where did you find the dress? I’m looking for my daughter! :) 💛

Post a Comment